Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

Forum 1 week ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

The development status of Rebel Moon Part 3 remains uncertain as Netflix continues to stay silent about the franchise’s future. Despite a setup for at least one more Rebel Moon movie at the end of Part Two: The Scargiver, Netflix hasn’t greenlit a third film yet.

However, lead actress Sofia Boutella has given an update on Zack Snyder’s potential Rebel Moon 3.

Sofia Boutella shares an update on Rebel Moon 3

Boutella says that, if there is a third part to Rebel Moon, it will be “quite fun to go back on set with Zack.”

Speaking to The Direct’s Russ Milheim about teaming up with Zack Snyder again for Rebel Moon Part 3, the actress said that, while she had not yet spoken to the director about the film, she is very willing to return for the sequel saying:

“No, not yet. But if I mean, it would be amazing if they could go and find the Princess Issa. Because that’s what we say at the end of movie number two, and it’ll be quite fun to go back on set with Zack because we all love being part of this project so much.”

The first two Rebel Moon movies were greenlit at the same time. However, Netflix will likely look at the viewership numbers of Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scargiver before greenlighting a third film in the franchise.

Zack Snyder wants to make 4 more Rebel Moon sequels

Rebel Moon writer Kurt Johnstad said that he and Zack Snyder would like to make four more movies, meaning six films in total.

Johnstad sat down with Screen Rant before the release of Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scargiverto to reveal the plans for future Rebel Moon movies. He said:

“So, basically, we have everything mapped out for many, many movies. Beyond three. Beyond four. I will go on the record now. We’ve figured this out all the way to movie six. Now, if we are so lucky and fortunate enough to continue telling these stories, that is our hope. Netflix is interested, and we’re waiting to see how these first movies go … So when I say six movies, it’s really a trilogy with each movie being two parts.”

Following Johnstad’s statement, Snyder also spoke to RadioTimes.com and confirmed the six-movie plan. When asked about how many Rebel Moon movies there could be, he replied:

“I guess four [films] makes sense. Four or six movies, depending … I guess it’s whether or not every time we make one of these movies we make two, that’s the question.”

As he has a strong working relationship with Netflix, Snyder could get Rebel Moon Part 3 greenlit, if not more films in the franchise. But before that, he is currently involved as an EP with the upcoming Twilight of the Gods anime for Netflix.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
KASU update on returning and new students
Forum | 12 hours ago

KASU update on returning and new students' registration

Black Panther Actor ‘Would Love To’ Play Batman
Forum | 1 day ago

Black Panther Actor ‘Would Love To’ Play Batman

Basketmouth Celebrates First Daughter on Birthday, Shares Adorable Video of Her Online
Forum | 1 day ago

Basketmouth Celebrates First Daughter on Birthday, Shares Adorable Video of Her Online

Police Gives Update On Nigerian Singer Abducted By Gunmen In Delta State
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Gives Update On Nigerian Singer Abducted By Gunmen In Delta State