We Were Asked To Make $10,000 Weekly, Gang-R*ped, Streamed On P0rn Sites – Nigerian Women Trafficked To Ghana Recount Ordeal

Forum 1 month ago

We Were Asked To Make $10,000 Weekly, Gang-R*ped, Streamed On P0rn Sites – Nigerian Women Trafficked To Ghana Recount Ordeal

Gladys Osayande, a Nigerian woman from Benin City, Edo State, who was trafficked to Ghana, has recounted the harrowing experiences of torture and inhumane treatment inflicted upon her by her captors.

Osayande who was lured through fake job recruitment to Ghana, narrated that,“ the traffickers resorted to various forms of physical torture and abuse to coerce us into Business Email Scam, BEC and cybers*x.

“They made us pose as management staff of a corporate network to convince targets into sending money to an account. Targets were usually companies that used wire transfer to pay international clients.

“I was fed twice a day, by 12 noon and 10pm. I worked all day on the internet. I was given a target to make at least $10,000 a week. If I didn’t make it, the sanction was starvation for two days. In addition, they would invite some men to have s*x with me, while they streamed the process and downloaded it in p0rn apps in exchange for an undisclosed amount. I was told that was the only way to make up for the target I failed to meet.”

“They created a new Facebook page for me and posted my real picture on it. They changed my name to Louisa Hamadou, a Cameroonian studying in Ghana. They had over 15 corporate bank accounts where money was paid into.

“Three of us, all females , attempted to escape once. We were beaten and starved for days. We were drugged and gang-rped, while the process was streamed live for cybersx. From that day on , we were forbidden to speak with each other.

“We were only allowed to sleep for three hours a day. Those hours of rest were broken into 30 minutes each, both in the day and at night. I was only allowed to speak with my widowed mother once a week, under supervision and I was forbidden to tell her the true position of things.

forbidden to tell her the true position of things.

“ In January 2023, I saw them rushing out of their rooms. This was after the ‘boss’ received a telephone call. In his deep baritone voice, he ordered in pidgin English: ‘Everybody find your way o. Officer just call, him say Ak dey come o ( Everyone should escape. I just got a call that policemen were on their way here.)"

Prof. Fatima Waziri-Azi, Director-General of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), described this trend as alarming while discussing emerging trends in human trafficking for 2024 at the agency's headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria's Federal Capital Territory.

She said, “As part of our comprehensive enlightenment strategies to equip Nigerians with timely and accurate information to reduce their vulnerability, we have received reports indicating that traffickers have adopted new tactics to lure unsuspecting victims, predominantly to Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, and other West African nations.”

She continued, “Under the guise of lucrative employment opportunities in gold mining and oil companies, victims are enticed with promises of monthly incomes as high as nine hundred dollars ($900.00), which, as always, are blatant lies. "Victims are often instructed to bring about eight hundred and fifty thousand naira (N850,000) for documentation and other logistical expenses. Upon arrival at their destination, traffickers confiscate this money with the victims’ phones and other personal belongings.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash

Nigerian Woman Overjoyed After Giving Birth to Twins at 56
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Woman Overjoyed After Giving Birth to Twins at 56

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

A Christian Couple Shouldn’t Be Watching P0rn To Learn S*x, That’s Infidelity - Solomon Buchi
Forum | 2 days ago

A Christian Couple Shouldn’t Be Watching P0rn To Learn S*x, That’s Infidelity - Solomon Buchi