Kaduna: Sheikh Gumi Didn't Help In Release of Kuriga Students – Governor Sani

Forum 1 month ago

Kaduna: Sheikh Gumi Didn't Help In Release of Kuriga Students – Governor Sani

Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has revealed that controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi didn't play any part in the release of the schoolchildren abducted in Kuriga area of the state.

Speaking on the release of the school children, the Governor said Gumi had offered to negotiate with the bandits for the release of the student but was not involved.

He disclosed this on Channels Television’s programme, Sunday Politics.

Bandits had abducted 137 schoolchildren on March 7, 2024, from Chikun Local Government Area of the state.

In the wee hours of Sunday, the governor announced the release of the abducted pupils.

Confirming the report, the Nigerian Military said the pupils were rescued from Zamfara State.

However, Sani dismissed claims that ransom was paid to effect the release of the pupils.

Sani said, “All those speculations you are hearing today are figment of some people’s imagination.

“I can tell you that without any fear of contradiction. There was nothing like Gumi in this operation. I can tell you. I won’t undermine the efforts of our Armed Forces.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 12 hours ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 16 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+
Forum | 1 day ago

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+