Presidency congratulates Anthony Joshua over Ngannou knockout, says Fury or Usyk next

Forum 1 month ago

Presidency congratulates Anthony Joshua over Ngannou knockout, says Fury or Usyk next

The Presidency has congratulated heavyweight boxer, Anthony Joshua, for knocking out Francis Ngannou.

President Bola Tinubu’s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, said Joshua might face Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk next.

Joshua floored the Cameroonian in the first round with a powerful right hand and then again early in the second with a right-left hook combination. Ngannou got to his feet, but was quickly put back down by another strong right hand, leading to the referee putting a stop to the contest.

Posting on X, Onanuga wrote: “Congratulations Anthony Joshua a.k.a AJ for knocking out Francis Ngannou in the second round of the heavyweight bout in Riyadh. AJ after the fight has words for the media: “You know what I’ve noticed with you lot (the media). Your life changes when you lose. But when you win it’s just on to the next.

“The heavyweight division is a tough game. We got the job done and people can question me. But I’m not even buzzing with this win. On to the next.

“Next may be a shot with the winner of Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 20 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday